6th Day of Lent: Tuesday

“Jesus entered the synagogue, and a man was there who had a withered hand. ...But they were silent. Jesus was grieved at their hardness of heart and said to the man, ‘Stretch out your hand.’ He stretched it out, and his hand was restored. “
~Mark 3:1-5



Dear Father,
I know that you considered me to be a "daughter" from the day of my birth, but I had to learn to  consider you as a "father" in order to make this relationship my reality.  Even from childhood, I was on this journey to the cross.  In the passing years, I took many wrong turns and went down many wrong roads, but when I lost my way and my spirit was overwhelmed within me, thou knewest my path.(Psalm 142:3)  It took many years but the "Hound of Heaven", Jesus the Christ, ran me to the ground and I totally surrendered my life to him.  This choice to surrender of my own free will is the only contribution to my salvation.  It's like exchanging a pennyweight coin for all the vast wealth of the world!  As in the words of the song "Beauty for Ashes", he gives beauty for ashes, strength for fear, gladness for mourning, and peace for despair.  Yes, I’m proud to call myself a disciple because Jesus has indeed become my reality.
Sincerely,
Marcia Hatchett

 



Pray:
God of healing and re-creation, we stretch out our hands to you. 
In this season of Lent, restore us.
Restore our hearts to freshness and joy. 
Help us to center all of our thoughts and actions in Your love. 
May we never be silent in ways that would grieve you.
Amen.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seventh Symbol of the Jesse Tree: 12 Tribes of Israel

Twelfth Symbol of the Jesse tree: Ruth's wheat

Eleventh Jesse Tree Symbol: Gideon's Clay Pitcher