Day 13 of 40 (days of prayer)

Daily Scripture--(connect with God) today we read... 

Daily Intercession-- (connect with others) today we pray for... 





All who mourn and grieve, that they will be comforted


--Prayers for Week 3--
 
Morning Prayer



God, this is the day that you have made. It’s yours.
I’m ready for whatever you have in store.
Send me people to love. Send me people to serve.
Send
me.
Help me to do whatever you want me to do today.
I’m yours. In Jesus’ name, Amen.



Mealtime 'bread' Prayer





Heavenly Father, we thank you for the gifts of your bounty which we enjoy at this table. As you have provided for us in the past, so may you sustain us throughout our lives. While we enjoy your gifts, may we never forget those who have less and those who go without. In Jesus’ name, Amen.




Evening Prayer





Father, Son, and Holy Spirit,
forgive the sins I committed today. Give me insight and understanding so that I will not commit them again. All day long, You have watched over me, and now I close this day with thoughts of you. I lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me lie down in safety. Amen.








We’re called to reflect Christ to the world, but like mirrors, we reflect the things we face. ...so which way are you facing? What is reflected in your life?


When we feed the hungry and welcome the stranger;
when we visit the sick and welcome the lonely.
God’s love is known through us.
When we stand up for the forgotten
and treat as people as children of God;
when we see creation as God’s artwork
and courageously live toward justice.
God’s love is known through us.
When we love even the enemy and lead as servants; when we
surprise the world with grace and overwhelm it with mercy.
God’s love is known through us.
Amen.


(#PictureLent litany by Brett Opalinsky)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seventh Symbol of the Jesse Tree: 12 Tribes of Israel

Twelfth Symbol of the Jesse tree: Ruth's wheat

Eleventh Jesse Tree Symbol: Gideon's Clay Pitcher